Sunday, March 6, 2016

Blog Redesign

I had a friend once tell me that he had come to the conclusion that redesigning a website is the seven-layer taco dip of hell. It made me laugh. Sure... it's time consuming, requires learning some things you might not know, and sometimes copious amounts of alcohol, but it isn't all that bad. Right? Yeah, right!

There's still some work to be done, a bit of tweaking here and there, and some things I really need to learn how to do. But today I'm going to catch up on some sleep and finish my laundry. Happy blogging.

So when I decided to clean up my old blog (out with the old, in with the new), I knew I also wanted to ditch the old template. The plan was to use one of my own templates and convert it to the Blogger platform. After all, how hard could it be? To my friend, I can only say "I feel your pain."

It started with looking for tutorials on how to make a Blogger template. That was followed by a few hours of looking at YouTube videos. I jotted down notes, captured screenshots, and then decided to just dive into the deep end of the pool. About 40 hour and a few bottles of wine later (not all at one sitting), this is the result. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment